Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:23:52 +0000
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews@isc.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, bh@izb.knu.ac.kr
Subject:   Re: xorg-server 6.9.0 won't build on 4.11-stable

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:29:20 +1100
Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews@isc.org> wrote:

> > Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > > 	Hi,
> > >
> > > 	I upgraded my ports tree and found the the xorg-server port (now
> > > at 6.9.0) won't build on 4.11 because it can't find a working va_copy. I've
> > > checked /usr/include and indeed there is no mention of va_copy in there.
> > >
> > Do you still use 4stable?

	Yes I do - I might go to 6 one day on that box when I have time
to do it properly. Anyway I thought 4.11 was still on the supported list.

> > IMHO, we need what it just upgrade at least freebsd-base to 5stable.
>
> 	Or I suspect you can get away with just using gcc33 which
> 	has va_copy() builtin.

	Hmm I have gcc34 courtesy of some other ports build dependency,
so I suppose I could add a USE_GCC=3.4 to the Makefile.

	Would it be a good idea to add this to all the xorg-6.9 Makefiles ?

	As an aside running a 6.8.2 server on top of 6.9 libraries produces
an interesting effect - after a few minutes the mouse pointer dives to the
left side of the screen and then will only move vertically.