Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:42:01 -0600
From:      "Franklin Pierce" <franklin_pierce@operamail.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:52:11 -0600
To: "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: dd

> Hello,
>
> i have a floppy disk that is formated 1680 that i would like to make an file
> image of. I would also like to write the image back to a new floppy. Do i
> need a device /dev/fd0.1680?
>

> dd if=/dev/fd0 of=image.img doesn't seem to work.
> any advice?

Start working with unstressed disk formats?
make(1) hay while . . .
But seriously, are you running this as root or user?
Have you amortised the cost of acceptance across your 5 year plan?
Where is your darling /dev/rfd0, just in case you need a backup for the backup?
Oh yeah, it's probably still stressed on a 2.88 drive, but aren't we all?

Love,
Franklin Pierce