Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:48:08 -0800
From:      Chris Parry <laotzu@juniper.net>
To:        Peter Parnes <peppar@cdt.luth.se>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Camera/sound for FreeBSD

> Who said that it was discontinued? All I heard was that Goldstar that
> manufactured the cameras for Hauppauge (at least the European PAL version) had
> some camera-lens problems and had to pull back 3 weeks production of cameras.
> Hauppauge are supposed to start  shipping these kits again last week. Of
> course, there is a great backlog right now (about 800 in small Sweden alone)
> but hopefully that will be resolved in the near future.

My vendor here claims his distributor told him it was discontinued.  I
don't trust these guys though, so we'll see what they can come up with.

Bottom line I read: the AOpen 37 (once again claims there is no AWE35),
will work for sound, and to keep in mind we need a bt848 chipset, and any
ole'camera that's compatible with the capture card.

Thanks for all your help guys.

-chris