Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 22:50:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: library needed to port s/w to Freebsd

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I have a package that needs the 'search' library from sysVR2
> (and later I presume)
> it looks for "search.h"
> "search" used to allow one to build and search a tree of arbitrary items
Same problem I had not so long ago... I assume you're after tsearch,
twalk, tfind etc. (only hsearch can be found). Me too ;-)  I didn't find
it, and someone suggested to get one from Linux dist. But that one looks
to me suspiciously - I didn't have time to analyze the code, but it assumes
a certain form of input data.... too bad for me.
Finally, it's not so impossibly impossible to write the code on your own.
It's just stupid and it takes time - like reinventing the wheel. I have
some templates handy, if you come to such despair.

Andy,

Andrzej Bialecki <abial@warman.org.pl>    _)    _)   _)_)   _)_)_) _)  _)
Research and Academic Network in Poland   _)  _)_) _)_)_)_)     _) _) _)
Bartycka 18, 00-716 Warsaw, Poland        _)    _) _)    _) _)_)_) _)  _)