Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:22:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <dieter@FreeBSD.rave.org>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   another soundcard question

hey all,

I'm currently fighting with an annoying problem. A few days ago I bought
myself a PCCHIPS motherboard (M810LMR). This board has virtually
everything onboard: 10/100 networkdevice, vga, an ac97 codec-based
soundcard and an AMR modem.
My problem is getting the soundcard to work. I used following kernel
options on a 4.3 RC4:

device pcm
device csa

This in combination with options PNPBIOS. I also tried without PNPBIOS and
with adding at isa? port? irq 10 drq ? flags 0x0 to both the pcm and the
csa device. When I disable PNPBIOS I get following kernel message while
booting:

/kernel: pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1039, dev=0x7018) at 1.4 irq 10

When I use PNPBIOS I also get that message but then I also have (about
twenty lines lower):

/kernel: unknown: <PNP0000> can't assign resources
/kernel: unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources
/kernel: unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
/kernel: unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources

I tried all this with both PnP on and off in the BIOS.

If anyone has similar experiences or has any clue what the problem might
be, I'd be in heaven.

thanx,

--
dieter