Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 22:22:28 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, delphij@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CALL FOR TESTERS] VESA High Resolution Console support	from DragonFly

"Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net> writes:
> I have observed some odd behavior when X display becomes garbled if USB
> stack is loaded and USB keyboard is attached after user has logged into
> X desktop (Gnome in my case). I am setting MODE_280 (1024x768x32) in
> rc.conf using 'allscreens_flags'.

In recent -CURRENT, plugging in a USB keyboard or mouse triggers
'/etc/rc.d/syscons restart' which applies allscreens_flags to all
active consoles, including the one X runs on.  This is not a bug in
delphij's code; /etc/rc.d/syscons should skip consoles that are in use
by X.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no