Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:22:24 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Nigel Soon <nigels@advanis.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can not boot into OS after install

> I have just installed FreeBSD onto my drive that also has a windows
> partition on it. The install went fine but when I went to reboot I
> dont even get to Boot0, just a blank screen with a flashing cursor.
>
> So now I have run fdisk /mbr and changed the active partion back to
> windows. If anyone has ideas please share.

If you can somehow boot your machine into FreeBSD (say, with the CD),
then you can reinstall the bootloader.  See a little tutorial I wrote
on this before at

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1185480+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-questions/20001008.freebsd-questions

Sorry about the length of that URL.

Lucas