Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 2003 01:23:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com
Subject:   Re: KSE signals broken by 1:1 commit.

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0304062300100.55025-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: We are in a bind..
: Jeff has committed changes that have broken the KSE view of signals.
: however he is out of the picture for a week now.
: This means that we can not pass our changes past him as we try fix it.
: This is made more difficult because it appears that 1:1 threads is
: broken at the moment, (see mail comments in -current),

Patches have been posted.  Have you tried them yet?

: so we can not test our changes against the 1:1 threads code.

This is related to the LAZY stuff that was committed.

: All I want is a comment that assuming we take care, if jeff gets back
: and finds that we've broken something for him, that we are not
: nailed to a tree for it.

Jeff's mail said he'd be gone only 3 more days.  Things for most
people aren't broken, so there's no need to rush, imho.  I also think
Jeff has limited access to the net, so he should be able to review
things.  I don't think that there's an urgent need for core to
override the normal workings of the project at this time.  See if you
can catch him with this limited access.  I'm uneasy about granting an
exception to the rules when I haven't even seen a proposed patch.

That's just my personal opinion.

Warner