Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2014 04:47:47 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Juan_Ram=F3n_Molina_Menor?= <listjm@club-internet.fr>
Subject:   Re: Frequency of FreeBSD package builds

Mat,

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> | Am I right supposing that each build is a full one?  What are the
> | downsides of  incremental builds which should take less than, say, 2 days
> | (if not deepest  beats like gettext updates involved)?
>
> No, it is incremental builds, for all port versions of FreeBSD except
> CURRENT, because ABI change often, and it's safer to just rebuild
> everything everytime.

> Right now, there are two boxes, one for amd64 and one for i386, and the
> build order is the current quarterly branch for 9 and then 10, then head
> for 10, 9, CURRENT and 8.  Also, when there is a security advisory or

[snip all the very detailed explanaition]

Thank you, and all of portmanager team, very much to bring us full up-to-date
packages besides all the whole debris you've just described! ;-P

Seriously, pretty much of work. Thank you again.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck@FreeBSD.org ]