Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:48:56 -0600
From:      Steve Neuharth <steveneu@visi.com>
To:        Rick <ric@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2 In FreeBSD

I've been trying the same thing... as I understand it you have to
install the /usr/ports/emulators/linux_libs, linux_glide and linux_mesa
ports, enable linux emulation in /etc/rc.conf or compile it into the
kernel. Then the game should run... This is according to the FAQ that I
found while searching through the freebsd mailing list archives.. I
can't get you the address since I'm at work and our connection sucks...
oooh wait I got it.... http://www.dons.net.au/~darius/quake/

Please let me know what happens as I'm having wierd problems with the
linux_mesa driver install....

/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa/work/Mesa-2.6/src/../lib/
===>  Patching for linux_mesa-2.6
===>  Configuring for linux_mesa-2.6
===>  Building for linux_mesa-2.6
ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found
Abort trap
*** Error code 134

Hope this helps....

| Steven J Neuharth
| Dayton Hudson Corporation - Distributed Systems Capacity and
Performance Management