Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:49:54 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Nagy_L=c3=a1szl=c3=b3_Zsolt?= <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: {Spam?} Re: Cannot test spamassassin, what is going on here?

>> How to overcome this problem? What is going on here?
> I'm no SA expert, but I believe it will take the reputation of the
> sender into account.  So if the mail content is marginal, it might pass
> the local test, but if the sending IP has a poor reputation, it could
> push it into the spam range.

The sending IP is included in the mail headers. Looks like this:

> 	by shopzeus.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 46681889603E
> 	for <gandalf@shopzeus.com>; Wed,  9 Sep 2015 12:58:40 -0400 (EDT)
All SMTP server should prepend the ESMTP id for any message they
receive, and also the address it was arriving from, and the address it
as received for.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think RBL checks and other spam checks work on
all IP addresses/domains that can be found in the "Received:" headers.
Spamassassin works on email files that are stored under
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming. postfix puts received messages "ON
HOLD" into this directory, and mailscanner moves that message back for
delivery after scanning it.

Maybe I should post this question to the mailscanner list (however, I
feel this is also related to FreeBSD MailScanner and spamassassin ports)