Date:      Tue,  2 Mar 1999 09:07:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      WPO <wpo@attcanada.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD/X mouse question:

I have a 2 button Microsoft-type serial mouse.  I want to cut and paste in
the system console (text) so I gave moused the -m 2=3 and this works fine.

But in X, I cannot get the "emulate 3 buttons" to get the "third" button
unless I remove the -m command in moused.

I tried various combinations of -m and xmodmap -e "pointer = x y z" but
didn't have much luck.  Has anyone found a way to get this working?

I'm using 2.2.8 and windowmaker.

Thx in advance,

WPO