Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 08:48:09 +0200
From:      Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann@web.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   understanding latest audio/faad update

Hello,

I need some explanation about latest faad-update regarding it's new
introduced default dependency on multimedia/mpeg4ip. As far as I see
there mpeg4ip has a conflict defined on faad:
--- multimedia/mpeg4ip/Makefile

CONFLICTS=      faad*

---

So now I am asking myself, if it is wise to define mpeg4ip as default
dependency in faad, while faad is defined as a conflict in mpeg4ip. Is
this just something temporary? If it is not wouldn't it be much more
consistent to make internal mpeg4ip the default for faad? Am I missing
something?

Thanks for the answers and greets,
Kay