Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 03:00:50 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        tech@wccdrom.com
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   IMPORTANT: freesoftware.com is moving

   Hello, everyone. Starting Thursday morning, June 29th, ftp.freesoftware.com
will be moving from the west coast to the east coast. It will be offline while
it is in transit and being re-installed at the new location. It won't be back
online until Friday afternoon at the earliest (assuming everything goes
perfectly according to plan). Any major problems (like one of the RAID units
getting destroyed) could result in multiple days of downtime and temporary
loss of some of the content...but I'll try to remain optimistic. :-)
   It is my intention to get the IP subnet for the new location and have the
DNS pointing to the new home well before the machine is ready to begin
operation there - to give it plenty of time to propagate (I hope you'll be
around for that, Bill!).

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Manufacturer of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.