Date:      07 May 2001 22:04:09 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        "Caleb Walker" <cwalker@cwalk.org>, "Eric Boucher" <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: browsing with samba

Funnily enough I have the same problem, my FreeBSD machine running Samba 2.0.8
can not be accessed by any windows 200 machine using \\netbios name or
\\hostname , \\ip addy works fine though. This only happens for Windows 2000
machines though, both 98 & NT can access it fine. If you use \\netbios name or
\\hostname (both are the same) You get an unauthorized access is not allowed
from this station message. Ohh and nmbd -D is running fine.

Cheers,

Mark