Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 00:59:00 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxtv question (request ?)

Hi,

  This is probably for Randall.

  I have now two sound cards in my computer.  (A GUS for quality,
a a SB16 for compatibility.  :)  )  I have used the gus line input
for SB audio mixing, and put the bktr output into the SB line input.
Now, how do I tell fxtv which mixer to use ?  Assuming /dev/mixer
as default is not bad, but is too limiting.  Also, if I wanted to
use the internal CD audio cable instead of the external and noisy
line cable to get WinTV sounds into my sound card ?  And if I
had two bktr devices ?  Would it work ?  No, I'm not kidding.
I'm planning a box with two or three bktr devices.  :)

  I don't have the fxtv 0.46 sources handy, but the 0.45 had these
all hardcoded.  Would Randall add the code to make those selectable
as Xresources ?  :)

  BTW: Would the bktr driver work if I had two or more cards inside ?

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br