Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:06:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        uwp@ukrv.de (Udo Wolter)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA-Soundcards will vanish...

> > > So what to do if I can only get worse soundcards with ISA bus ? I'm making
> > > music so I need an excellent soundcard for working. But when I'm
> >
> > i am not aware of kernel developers with an interest in music (i am not)
> > so i'd say check OSS.
>
> Sorry, I don't want to bulldoze you. You're making an excellent job, but
> what about future cards ? If there are only PCI-cards in italy would
> you try to buy an ISA-card on the second hand market ?

I thought you had a different problem -- i.e. get a better quality
audio card and support for music apps (i.e. wavetable etc.) compared
to the ISA models. On this i cannot work for lack of time and interest.

Now when and if the supported ISA cards will disappear from the market
we will have a (different) problem which will definitely interest me
more.

However, it's the same situation all the time -- no drivers without
specs -- i don't have a crystal sphere to guess what a device does
looking at it from the outside.

	cheers
	luigi