Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 00:25:47 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Market share and platform support

[ Speaking with Doc. Project Manager Hat on ]

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 04:36:57PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> >         But I do agree that it would be nice to have an objective list of
> >requirements for using the 'FreeBSD' moniker, if such a thing does not exist
> >already.
>
> Good -- we have definite agreement on at least one point. (I think we may
> already agree on some others as well, actually.) How should this be done?
> Should it be submitted as a PR to the FreeBSD FAQ?

Yes.  And while you're about it, include details of other companies
selling distributions of FreeBSD.  I've certainly not had any commandments
from WC, or anyone else involved in the project to 'censor' the details
about other distributions -- as with a lot of things on FreeBSD, something's
not there because no one's felt the need to do it, not because of any
maliciousness on anyone's part.

Diffs to the raw SGML will get committed faster than plain text, just
because it's less work for me to do.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>