Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:56:57 -0700
From:      jd1008 <jd1008@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's in my hard drive? How can I get rid of it?

On 02/19/2015 05:15 AM, Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 20:37:03 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> RFIDs can't directly control our minds, but it's too funny, a RFID
>> could be everywhere in our closes, soles etc. and we wouldn't notice
>> it.
> Unless we use proper testing equipment and a microwave oven. :-)
>

>> I'm one of those who don't need a mobile. I simply mean it word
>> by word, "I don't need it" and that's the reason that I don't carry a
>> mobile wherever I am. However, I'm aware that in my pocket are several
>> cards with RFID, so theoretically it's possible to follow ever step I
>> make in the same way, as it is possible to spy people who carry a
>> handy 24/7.
> Because it is possible, it HAS BEEN DONE. Allow me to provide
> you with one example (not new):
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/21/schoolgirl_expelled_rfid_chip/
>
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/11/student-suspension/
>
> But it's not that RFID is "evil" per se, or useless. As someone
> said, it's a tool, and a tool does what its master (in whose hands
> it becomes "alive") decides:
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/141277-stop-worrying-and-embrace-rfid
>
> Like this:
>
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/12/citywide-rfid-master-house-key-already-broken/
>
> It's not even funny anymore.
>

>> Indirectly this information could be used to have
>> impact to everybody, you and me.
> Consider side effects, not just with RFID, but with almost
> every other technology. You don't carry a smartphone. But
> the guy next to you does, and it's a bug which is now in
> his pocket while you sit at the conference table and discuss
> a confidential deal. Maybe you have an old phone with no
> camera. But the woman across the street has, and while she
> takes a photo of a nearby fountain, your face + her location
> are being uploaded to the cloud for further processing.
>
> You cannot be "safe" (whatever you want to understand by
> that word). By NO means. No matter what you do, it's impossible
>

>> The most dangerous isn't collecting data, aren't RFIDs etc., the most
>> dangerous is that in school they still teach by the left brain/verbal
>> approach, while we are living in a medial/right brain/visually world.
> Except maybe the visually challenged people (vision impaired
> or blind)...
>

>> Less people are educated to handle multimedia in a reflective way.
> People are educated to _not_ reflect about anything.
>

>> Western education just teaches how to use multimedia software, not to
>> think about the consequences.
> Use in order to consume, in the first place. Every creational act
> is left to "artists", but luckily, modern computers and the Internet
> enable more people to be creative and share their works, so there
> is hope for a better understanding (as long, of course, as those
> creations don't drown in the sea of irrelevance).
>

>> I don't fear Trojans and similar, I fear unenlightened societies.
> [...]

Desperately needed:

Worldwide Mass Awakening to turn the table upside down.
The current ultra wealthy ruling classes that control the
world's money supply and the manipulation thereof, has to go.

Sorry to say - it ain't happening any time soon.
People like to sleep comfortably in the status quo.

Frogs and crabs can be slowly boiled to death and will
make no attempt to jump out of the cauldron.