Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 10:37:37 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS Crashes with 3.2-19990512-BETA...

Just a heads up. I have a machine at home thats crashed twice while using it
as an NFS client. Unfortunately, I've not been at the console, and it looks
like I've hung it up good this time. But, basically, all I did was mount
a 3.1 server to a 3.2-BETA client, and, on the client, ran tar zcvpf to
compress the packages tree (/usr/ports/packages) on to my home directory on
the server. In both cases, between 500K and 1MB, the box died.

This may be just my box, as its acted quirky before, but, I'll be verifying
it shortly locally. I figured you may want a jump-start at looking at it,
in case I can't verify it to the 11th hour, with the 3.2 release pending
tomorrow.
	-Brian