Date:      Thu, 07 Jul 2005 03:42:38 +0100
From:      "SPYRIDON PAPADOPOULOS" <SP373@student.apu.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com V.90 mini-pci modem

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude c810 laptop which is using a 3com mini-pci combo (mo=
dem/ethernet).

I am using properly the ethernet card but cannot use the modem.
The output from pciconf -lv shows me the device.
The output is:

None@pci2:6:1: .....
vendor: 3com Corp. Networking Division
device: 3c556 V.90 mini-pci modem.
class: Simple comms

The only thing I found is some people's drivers in the internet but they al=
l seem to be made for Linux. Did anyone use any of these drivers? Any sug=
gestion or recommendation that may help would be appreciated. I am using =
Freebsd 5.4.

Thank you in advance
Spiros P.