Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 00:39:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Charlie Root <root@freebsd.at.home>
Cc:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: restart user ppp

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Charlie Root wrote:

> I am using user ppp in FreeBSD and
> I was wondering how to reconnect to my
> ISP after previously running user ppp
> and then disconnecting.  When
> I try to re-connect, i get an error like:
> SOIFCADDR file exists......
> or some other error stating that the routing
> is messed up.  My ISP provides me with a
> DYNAMIC IP address.

Odd.  I can just re-run ppp, type 'dial' and it works, even when I have to
manually type the default route.

Don't ifconfig tun0 before running ppp, it'll take care of that itself.
If it's still bugging you, try doing 'ifconfig tun0 down' before starting
ppp up again.

> p.s. Is there any way to boot FreeBSD from DOS?
> I know LILO works for Linux...

Yes, look in /usr/mdec/fbsdboot.exe