Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:35:36 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Rahul Siddharthan" <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        "Rich Wilson" <wk633@yahoo.com>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

And probably step #1 in the "put yer money where yer mouth is" department is
Microsoft divesting itself of their investment in Apple.  When this happens
I'll
be ready to believe that they are aiming their fud cannons at Apple.
Otherwise
I find the possibility very dim.

Even the major automakers in the world recognize that they aren't going to
be
able to cut into the market for something as ugly as a "new bug" so they are
leaving Volkswagen alone on that one.

Microsoft recognizes that no matter how good their crap is that there will
always
be a significant market of people that insist on being "different" that they
will never be able to sell squat to, even if they paint themselves pink and
jump
up and down singing "BSD Rocks, BSD Rocks, BSD Rocks"  Aiming at those
people
is just a good way to run your cannon dry when you have better things to
do - like
attempting to prove to the government that your not a monopoly.