Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:04:56 -0400
From:      Dana Nowell <DanaNowell@corsof.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PCI install problem

I'm installing the Walnut Creek CD (Janurary 96) of FreeBSD 2.1 on a Gateway
P60 that has a Mercury PCI motherboard.  I create a boot floppy and boot -c.
Config my Mitsumi CDROM and my network cards (no conflicts) then continue
the boot.  The CD and network cards appear to be detected but fail to
function (can't find CD for install, fail on network install).  I tried
setting cache to off and I tried with and without ISA bus enhanced timing
(appears to be PCI/ISA problem to me).  Anyone have a hint?  If so, please
email me at DanaNowell@corsof.com.

Oh, BTW, I've tried this with the CD and without network cards and I've
tried it without the CD and with network cards (including with a single
network card).  Machine was working as a Windoze PC with the same hardware
previous to this.  Current config: PCI STB vid card, ISA 3C503, ISA Intel
Express, ISA Mitsumi card, and onboard EIDE, 2 serial, parallel.

Dana Nowell                               Voice (603) 595-7480 EXT 28
Cornerstone Software Inc.                 FAX   (603) 882-7313
Work: DanaNowell@corsof.com               Home: dana@nowell.mv.com
MIME attachments preferred, BINHEX and uuencoded acceptable.
As usual, I speak only for myself.