Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:41:48 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Richard Childers <rchilders@hamquist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reading files.

Richard Childers wrote:

> Don't forget that PGP is exactly as secure as the filesystem on which
> your key(s) reside ...

That was really my whole point on PGP. When you have the key somewhere
besides memory, someone else can find it and a 128-bit key is really
hard to remember and enter properly.

I think a Jaz 2GB that you store in a guarded, locked safe is my idea of
file security.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html