Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:57:30 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, x11@FreeBSD.org, Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: graphics/dri: nouveau_array.c:49:16: error: illegal storage class on function,                *extract_u = EXTRACT(char, unsigned, 1);

--------------enigD5DEA3CF8182AFE5E8FBAFA2

On 06/09/12 19:34, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2012-06-09 19:00, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> I try to track down problems on one of our FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64
>> boxes and therefore, I try recompiling "xorg".
>>
>> One box is constantly failing to compile port graphics/dri with a
>> obviously well know error, as "googling" reveals (
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2011-December/016348.ht=
ml).

>> I share /etc/make.conf and /etc/src.conf on those FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT=

>> boxes, they are supposed to have set
>> WITH_NEW_XORG=3Dyes
>> WITHOUT_NOUVEAU=3Dyes
>>
>> There was a time when also WITH_KMS=3Dyes was set on the box in questi=
on,
>> but I disabled that again (commented out).
>>
>> The problem is sticky. I also tried "portmaster -f graphics/dri",
>> everything is compiled well (CLANG) until it comes to graphics/dri its=
elf.
>=20
> You asked the same question a few weeks ago:
>=20
>   http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4F9BC101.8090305
>=20
> I posted a patch here:
>=20
>   http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4F9C2047.8020108
>=20
> Afterwards, I asked either the libGL maintainers or x11@ if it was OK
> to commit, but I received no response.

O, sorry.
I deleted the /usr/ports completely on that specific box.

Now, with your patch set installed again, graphics/dri compiles without
a flaw.

I was wondering why there are not more people/FreeBSD users out there
having the very same problem.

I'd appreciate your patch getting permanent soon.

Thanks,
Oliver