Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:37:38 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "ml-vic@de-martino.it" <ml-vic@de-martino.it>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Puzzled about /etc/rc.d/bluetooth

On 3/23/07, ml-vic@de-martino.it <ml-vic@de-martino.it> wrote:
> 1) I read the handbook pages on how to configure bluetooth
> and, going deeper into the subject I detected, as well as
> the /etc/rc.bluetooth of the official docs, also a
> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth file, used in the same way as the
> former:
> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start ubt0
>
> Which of the two should I use in 6.2?

/etc/rc.d/bluetooth is the way to do it. bluetooth rc scripts were
integrated into the main tree, so use them

> 2) Furthermore in a mail of announcement of introduction of
> bluetooth integration into freebsd 6 I found that you can
> configure also a device specific file whose template is in
> /etc/default/bluetooth.device.conf to be modified and put in
> /etc/
>
> ubt0.conf OR bluetooth.ubt0.conf? Which one?

please read BLUETOOTH.DEVICE.CONF(5) man page, i.e.

EXAMPLES
     /etc/bluetooth/ubt0.conf  file should be used to specify configuration
			       parameters overrides for the first USB Blue-
			       tooth device (device driver name is ubt0).

     /etc/bluetooth/ubt1.conf  file should be used to specify configuration
			       parameters overrides for the second USB Blue-
			       tooth device.

thanks,
max