Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2007 01:40:43 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Murray Taylor" <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>, "Garrett Cooper" <youshi10@u.washington.edu>, <perryh@pluto.rain.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Is FreeBSD simple enough for Novices, Will FreeBSD accept Office 98 + Publisher?

When I wrote my book Addison Wesley used Quark internally, but required
me to submit my manuscript -on paper-.  They then retyped it, sent me
the proofs (which had enormous numbers of typos in them) I corrected and
sent back.

I asked them if I gave them the manuscript in Quark source files if they
would take that, (because I had access to a pirated copy of Quark and
figured
I would import what I had written my book in) and they would not.  They
required a paper manuscript.

Thus, use whatever you want to write your book - if your going to get it
published most likely your publisher will not be using what your using.

Ted