Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 13:49:38 GMT
From:      edinct@detel.com (Ed Weinberg)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bios disk manager

I am going to install FREEBsd on a second IDE hd on a computer whose
first hd is an EIDE.

The computer has an older bios, so in order to "see" all the cylindars
of the EIDE drive I need to use a disk mangler...oops...disk manager.
The disk is partitioned into three virtual disks

Will FreeBSD be able to see the entire DOS EIDE drive?

Where can I find documentation on how to install it on the second
drive without wrecking the first?

I already tried formatting the second drive and the first drive
stopped booting.  re-writing the boot sector did not fix it.  I needed
to re-install WIN95.

Any help would be appreciated.

  --  Ed in CT