Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:19:09 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        "Andrew J. Korty" <ajk@purdue.edu>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, brooks@one-eyed-alien.net, mi@aldan.algebra.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux StarOffice51 runs on -stable

"Andrew J. Korty" wrote:

> If it helps, I don't think you really need to unzip setup.zip.  I
> found that setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. makes the setup program run
> just fine (because it actually does unzip setup.zip, but into a
> subdirectory of /tmp).

Exactly what I always needed to do. It can't find the shared object because
it simply is not in a searchable place. Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH solves it.
I always thought it was related to setting TMP to /var/tmp because I don't
have enough space on /.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/