Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:54:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Tatsuto Toyonaga <toyonaga@jp.fujitsu.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/57398: Current fails to install on mly(4) based RAID disk

>Number:         57398
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Current fails to install on mly(4) based RAID disk
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD neon 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #45: Mon Sep 15 22:02:39 JST 2003 root@neon:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NEON i386

 	I tried installing current on a server which has Mylex Accerraid352 but
        installer kernel find no disk to install on. The system is  -current
        that I did 'make release' yesterday on a source tree 'cvs update'ed
        from local CVS repository synched by cvsup.

        I tried both floppy boot and CDR boot, but neigther worked.
>How-To-Repeat:
        cd /usr/src/release;
        make release CVSROOT=/home/ncvs CHROOTDIR=/home/rls NODOC=YES \
         NOPORTS=YES MAKE_ISOS=YES etc etc.
        cd /home/rls/R/cdrom
        cdrecord 5.1-20030929-SNAP-i386-miniinst.iso
        <insert CD-R to target machine and boot etc etc>