Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 02:04:28 -0600 (CST)
To:        mike@networx.ie (Michael Ryan)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot: /kernel gives "Invalid format!"

In reply:
> I am trying to build a new FreeBSD 2.0 kernel on
> a Gateway 2000 P5-120 tower.  It has a WD 1GB
> drive as wd0, a Mitsumi 4x CD-ROM on a secondary
> IDE controller (which doesn't get recognised by
> the kernel) and a 1GB disk and 4x CD-ROM on an
> Adaptec 1542CP SCSI controller.

i cannot help you with your problem, never had it myself, but i can offer
advice.

GET RID OF 2.0 AND GET 2.1!!!

2.0 had LOTS of problems that have been long since fixed...  you will not be
sorry that you did.

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or