Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:30:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Robin Melville <robmel@nadt.org.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de0 driver autosense fail... doesn't reset

I'll take this one ;)

I just had the same problem with another digital card.  Getting the
"alternate" de driver from here:

        http://www.3am-software.com/de-970703.tar.gz

should solve that.  I just compiled with these driver parts, and I can
happily plug and unplug without incident.  You still get the "link down...
cable problem?" messages, but on plugging it back in, a nice friendly
"de0: enabling 10BT port" comes up on the console and all is well.

There is a short discussion about this over on -hackers; searching on de0
and 2.2-STABLE should bring it up on the mail archives.  As for the
quality/reliability of this driver, it's unknown, but the author is
apparently the person who originally put a de driver together, so I assume
he knows what he's doing...

Charles