Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2014 00:53:55 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        freebsd-pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   upgrading ports/packages: mixing portupgrade/portmaster with binary dependencies

Dear colleagues,

(and, yes, I know I should plan, prepare and deploy poudriere server for the
most correct answer to my question ;-P)

is there a shortcut way to source-upgrade ports which configured differently
comparing to the master default, having install dependencies (which are usually
needed only for building, not for running) from default pkg repository?

something like old (pre-pkg era) portupgrade -a -PP ; portupgrade -a

And, after all of this dance, it would be great to run ``pkg autoremove'' and
see installed package list much shorter ;)

Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck@FreeBSD.org ]