Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:44:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        nexus@fileseeker.net, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless base stations

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Nick Sayer wrote:

> The AirPort should really have been on the original list of options. So far
> as I am aware, however, it is an expensive choice -- they still sell at
> Fry's for $299, last I checked. Also, configuring them is only supported
> with MacOS tools (note that as usual, "supported" != "possible" -- see the
> net/airport port).

There are various free config tools available.  I used the generic linux
Orinoco one on a FBSD-4.2 system a week or so back to configure the AirPort
and it has worked fine ever since - its similar enough to the Lucent APs for
this to work.

The cli config app is available at:
http://www.orinocowireless.com/template.html?section=m52&envelope=90&page=2763

--