Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 14:16:01 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        peter@taronga.com
Cc:        gryphon@healer.com, hackers@freebsd.org, peter@taronga.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

You guys have lost me long ago, but just one thing I noticed....

 * > Crontab entries, yes. Package data, I could go either way with.
 *
 * Package data could equally well go in /usr/local. It really doesn't belong in
 * /var.

That won't work, because the location where the package is installed
is also part of the pkg data.  In other words, if we put them into
/usr/local, we won't be able to find /usr/local. :)

Satoshi