Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:09:44 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
Cc:        fitzhugh@connix.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 810 and PCI modems

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 02:34:09PM +0200, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> Hello Ruslan!
>
> > I am going to commit the remaining bits that are required to run
> > XFree86-4 with i810 graphics.
>
> It was XF86 4.x only, or?

XFree86-4 port will support i810 within an hour.  I just finished the
build/install of port with my patches and after I test it a bit I will
commit my changes.  You will then need to upgrade you XFree86-4 port
(tomorrow) and rebuild it.

The XFree86 3.3.6 can also be made to support the i810, and I have
done it once, but dropped the support for it due to the buggy i810
X driver in this release.  The most annoying thing was that the
graphical screen got damaged after graphical->text->graphical VTY
switching.  It is still supported without i810 agp kernel module.
Let me know if you are interested in details on how to have i810
running with XFree86 3.3.6.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,