Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:32:14 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed

Amancio Hasty scribbled this message on Sep 30:
> BTW: I think that what  you are doing is really great !!
>
> Hmm... I wonder if the volume in the list will increase with cool
> apps such as IBM's ViaVoice which needs your mods to work.

I happen to agree that this is a good move for FreeBSD, but it breaks
the fundemental part of FreeBSD is that you can buildworld to w/o any
dependancies on the target...

I thought we were working to the point that we could build a mips world
on an x86 box??  w/ this, it completely breaks it...  the whole idea of
a buildworld is that the tools can be build on ANY platform and run,
(assuming the tools support it) and then be able to build the target...

might as well say goodbye to ever getting freebsd's userland running
under NetBSD which is how our nice Alpha port got started...  this
NEEDS to be fixed...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 408 975 9651
  Cu Networking

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson