Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:19:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@apolo.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Vernon Silvers <shadow@wnc.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DNS

Hi,
The fast way is:
1) modify /etc/sysconfig to call named (it may use /etc/namedb)
2) populate /etc/hosts
3) add other DNSs to /etc/resolv.conf (3 is the usual number)
4) edit host.conf, if necesary to look for named first
5) run the shell to create reverse addresses in /etc/namedb/
6) you may want to edit some config files in the same place.
7) reboot, or execute named as shown in step 1

Test it... if I missed something you can always make a man named.

Pedro.