Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 1997 23:33:47 -0600
From:      Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: x

I've just recently upgraded my p133 to 2.2-gamma.  Seemingly without rhyme
or reason, I had a bunch of devices disappear.  Greg Lehey helped me get
that straightened out, and all *seems* fine.  About an hour ago, the above
error message started showing up on the console.  Shortly after it started,
the scsi hdd started going crazy -- constant disk accesses.  After watching
it for several minutes (maybe 10 or so), I typed in "shutdown -r now" on my
open window (on another box on the lan).  After waiting 45 minutes, the
"shutdo" had echoed back to me.  I did a really no-no and did a power-off
reset.  It rebooted without problems (of course after fsck'ing, etc).

So, any clue what the above means?

Lee