Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:56:22 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, Count =?iso-8859-1?q?L=E1szl=F3_de_Alm=E1sy?= <calmasy@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3-AMD64 / IntelEM64T

On Monday 08 November 2004 03:51 pm, Count L=E1szl=F3 de Alm=E1sy wrote:
> I tried to boot my off the CD I made from the 5.3 final release .iso,
> and it fails with simply:
>
> panic: No BIOS smap info from loader!
> Uptime: 1s
>
> Any ideas what the problem is? =A0Installation media for other OSs such
> as Debian/AMD64 and Windows XP are able to boot fine on this system.

Hmm.....  I haven't run into this myself.  We have some machines here=20
that I've booted on every now and then to check...    My gut feeling is=20
that something is going on with the bios on the machine you're trying=20
to boot.  You didn't give any info about what machine you're trying to=20
use, etc.
=2D-=20