Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:56:50 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        hino@ccm.cl.nec.co.jp, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor problem of CHECKSUM.MD5

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:29:42PM -0800, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > src/release/Makefile Revision 1.536.2.34 seems to fix about krb4.* and
> > krb5.*, but not about skrb4.*, skrb5.*, scrypto.*, ssecure.*
>=20
> My mistake - I forgot about the source dist pieces and confused them
> with the binary dists when I told you everything was fixed.  I'll see
> if we can get this fixed before 4.3, but only if it doesn't cause a
> lot of perturberation in release/Makefile.  The real fix is to fold
> crypto and kerberbos back into the bindist, I think. :)

I think we should continue to keep them separate; we still aim for a
system which is installable without crypto for people in other
countries who can't use it, and kerberos is something which has only
limited appeal (but carries a non-zero security risk, see the history
of advisories against it)

Kris

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--