Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:41:23 +0100
From:      "Darren Phillips" <phillipsd@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Shared memory in 5.1 with sybase

Have installed the freely available sybase 12.5 linux edition on my 5.1 =
system but get the following error messages on building a db server ...

kernel  Checked out license ASE_DEV
kernel  Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition.
kernel  Using config area from primary master device.
kernel  Warning: Using default file '/usr/local/sybase12.5/dan.cfg' =
since a configuration file was not specified. Specify a configuration =
file name in the RUNSERVER file to avoid this message.
kernel  os_create_region: can't allocate 37126144 bytes
kernel  kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region.
kernel  kistartup: could not create shared memory

I've trawled the web and seen other posts and suggestions to the effect =
that shared memory settings can be changed.
However, not for 5.1

I don't see any obviously useful options in the GENERIC/NOTES files for =
kernel recompilation.=20

Any useful information/pointers would be warmly received.