Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:01:16 +0200
From:      "Hoyer-Reuther, Christian" <Christian.Hoyer-Reuther@cac-chem.de>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 'Live' Migrate messes up NTP on FreeBSD domU - any suggestions?

Hello Roger,

my test machine is now running HEAD (r303131) amd64 with xe-guest-utilities=
-6.0.2 (from HEAD ports r418911). My XenServer environment is still the sam=
e.

When I migrate the VM to another host then the migration finishes but at th=
e end of migration the VM console switches to the VGA BIOS screen (Plex86/B=
ochs VGABios ...).

The VM console freezes, the VM is not reachable over network and in XenCent=
er I see the first 2 CPU's go up to 100 percent.

Then after 10 minutes the CPU usage goes down, the VM console is responsive=
 and the machine is reachable over network. And the time is in sync (not in=
 future).

Maybe I used the wrong path to setup a machine with HEAD - I upgraded 10.3-=
RELEASE to HEAD.

I will do a 2nd test using the FreeBSD-11.0-ALPHA6-amd64-20160701-r302303-d=
isc1.iso and then update to the latest revision. Maybe this way is more cle=
an and will bring other results.
=20
But I'm not sure if I will get this finished today. I will be in vacation f=
rom Monday and then let you know when I'm finished.

Regards,

Christian