Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 05:40:36 -0500
From:      Yev <phate1@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   No buffer space available

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can help me with a certain problem.
I have a box that is heavily loaded; it does 8.5Mbps on a 10MB pipe.

FreeBSD 3.1-Stable (as of last night)
512MB ram
Dual 400 Xeon

Maxusers 384, with NMBCLUSTERS set 8192

After the box is up for a 1 day or so, it starts to complain upon a call
to socket(): No buffer space available

pstat -T shows 300 files in use out of 12000+

netstat -m shows 1493 in use out of 8192 max.. (6000 peak)

What do I need to increase? I just dont understand, everything seems to
be available..

Thanks in advance