Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:41:26 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        ecsd <ecsd@ecsd.transbay.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xpdf and the wholesale destruction of the X environment

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 11:41:44PM -0700, ecsd wrote:

> Guess what. I issue "make clean" in /usr/ports/graphics/xpdf,
> and it blows away any memory that X11 was installed as well.

You're claiming that your X11 installation was removed by "make clean"?

I don't believe you.  "make clean" does a "make clean" in all of the
ports that xpdf depends on, but "make clean" doesn't deinstall anything.

wopr:/a/ports/graphics/xpdf$ make clean
===>  Cleaning for xpm-3.4k
===>  Cleaning for XFree86-3.3.5
===>  Cleaning for XFree86-3.3.5
===>  Cleaning for xpdf-0.80

Gee, X11 is just where it was before.

If you're going to write such a venemous message accusing us of ruining
your installation and likening us to Microsoft, you'd better be ready to
present some evidence.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *