Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:30:49 -0800
From:      Umesh Vaishampayan <umeshv@apple.com>
To:        "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Debugging over the Ethernet?

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 04:14  PM, George V.
Neville-Neil wrote:

>> I was talking to Louis Gerbarg about this topic at the BSDCon last
>> week.  Apparently Darwin already has this functionality, so I suppose
>> you'd like to take a look at it.
>
> That depends on where they put it.  If it depends on I/OKit then we
> won't be able to use it easily I figure.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Later,
> George

It uses an IOKit driver, but it's not particularly attached to
it :-) In fact for the bringup, we used a BSD style driver...

You can find the implementation in "xnu/osfmk/kdp". You will need
to hook up kdp_en_send_pkt and kdp_en_recv_pkt to the function
supplied by your device driver...

--Umesh
--
Umesh Vaishampayan	Apple Computer, Inc.