Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:25:56 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@c0mplx.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unionfs status

Vadim Goncharov wrote:
> Robert Watson wrote:

> > If you're using unionfs
> > to take a template system and "broadcast it" to many jails, you probably don't
> > want all the jails talking to the same syslogd, you want them each talking to
> > their own.  When syslogd in a jail finds a disconnected socket, which is
> > effectively what a NULL v_socket pointer means, in /var/run/log, it should be
> > unlinking it and creating a new socket, not reusing the existing file on disk.

> This code's use in jails is primarily intended for mysql (and the like
> daemons), not syslogd (for which you said it right). Such daemons really
> require broadcasting, yep - so unionfs should support it...

Thanks for this description. So we basically have two different
uses for UNIX sockets in unionfs with jails ?

1) socket in jail to communicate only inside one jail (syslog-case)
2) socket in jail as a means of IPC between different jails (mysql-case)

Is 2) really supposed to work like this ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                        12 years to go !