Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:31:10 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sven-=C5ke_Svensson?= <sa@mbg.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Monting nfs at boot

Hi

I have some workstations where I mount working directories at boot. The
directories that should be mounting are in /etc/fstab. All workstations
are FreeBSD 8.1 and there are both i386 and amd64. On the i386 machines
it works very well. But on the amd64 something happends.

When booting amd64 it looks like it try to mount the nfs directories
before the network is up. On the screen I can see that it try to mount
and then there is a line telling that the network interface is up. There
it locks up for some minutes before it continue and mounting.
When the system is up it all works well but it's annoying to wait nearly
five minutes for an workstation to came up.
These amd64 machines are from different vendors and have different
network devices.

Maybe there are some easy configuration fix, but I can't find it.

Best regards

Sven