Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:59:23 +0200
From:      "Tuomas Tiihonen" <tuomas.tiihonen@aigus.fi>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3Com 3C905TX 10/100BaseT good for FreeBSD 2.2.5, how about ADSL

Evening!!

We're planning on putting our own server on-line during the next three-or-so
weeks.. I'm running FreeBSD rel. 2.2.5 on the machine, that is our
pilot-server during the installation of the ADSL-line. Now I have three
questions and I truly hope, that this is the right email address to point
the questions to..

1.)    Is there something in the os, that we should take note of concerning
the
        upcoming ADSL-line or is it just about configuring the ADSL modem
itself?

2.)    Are the 3Com 3C905TX 10/100BaseT (self-ident 10/100) network
        adaptors compatible with the 2.2.5 rel. of FreeBSD

3.)    We're planning to make the FreeBSD-box our gateway- and firewall-
        machine by running it dual-homed with the two 3Coms, one connecting
        our workgroup hub and the other to the 3Com ADSL-modem.. Any
        comments or valuable information about that??

Thanks already in advance..

Tuomas Tiihonen
SA
Oy Aigus Ltd